Full-Time Teller (South Loop)
If “It’s About Time” … for a change, consider employment opportunities at Lakeside Bank!
Position: Full-Time Teller
Location: 1350 S. Michigan Ave.
Reports to: Branch Manager
Hours: 40 hours per week –schedule varies
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 7:30 am – 6:00 pm, Saturday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Summary: Responsible for providing superior service to our customers, handling their Teller transactions in an accurate, timely manner. Receives and pays out money, and keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in financial transactions by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amount, and examines checks for
- Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Enters customers’ transactions into computer to record transactions, and issues computer generated receipts.
- Places holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Orders daily supply of cash, and counts incoming cash.
- Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at end of shift and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on computer screen.
- Explains, promotes, or sells bank products or services.
- Removes deposits from, and counts and balances cash in, automated teller machines and night depository.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year related experience, including the handling of cash.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer Disability/Veteran
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Lakeside Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this position, please click the link below to download the application and send to one of the following options:
Send by Mail:
Attn: Human Resources
1055 W. Roosevelt Rd
Chicago, IL 60608
Send by Fax:
Attn: Human Resources
Send by Email:
Include position in the subject line